Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sorry to Wake You!

So since my last post I have visited the owls twice.  The first time I went it was at about 6 pm so it was dark and I wasn't able to get any pictures.  I was able to hear some interesting things though.  Both of the owls were hooting and calling at each other, I assume that they were mating calls.  Since they were most likely hunting it was hard to follow them while they flew from tree to tree.  But today when I went, only one of them was there.  I haven't been able to get a good picture of the male so its hard to tell which one is which but I am pretty sure that the one I saw today was the female.  So here are the pictures I was able to get of her!

Sleepy. ZzZz

Looking right at me, had to whistle to get her attention.
Sorry for waking you up!

No comments:

Post a Comment